Sunday, May 13, 2012

To My Mom on Mother's Day

For changing diapers, wiping noses
Cooking meals, and teaching Moses


For haircuts, clothes, piano lessons
Cleaning up our daily messes


For Photon guns and new Nintendos
Vacuuming and cleaning windows


For scoldings, groundings, even whippings
All those "buds"....and all those "nippings"


For hugs and smiles and always caring
Cakes and pies and always sharing


For Bible verses every morning
All those annual tree-adornings


For trips and times with family
To see the things we'd never seen


For birthdays and for singing songs
For praising rights, and righting wrongs


For never giving up on me
And seeing things no one could see


For having faith and loving God
For loving Brent, and Shane and Todd


For daytime snacks and Perry Mason
Egg milkshakes and never wasting


For swimming trips when it got hotter
And handmade dresses for my daughters


For being Mom and Nana too
For loving me and being you


For all these things and much, much more
And all I've never thanked you for...


Thank you Mom


I love you


Happy Mother's Day















No comments:

Post a Comment