Thursday, October 18, 2012

Goose Bumps with Goose Bumps

I had a dream this morning, right before I woke up.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the dreams that happen when I am "in and out" of sleep are the most vivid, realistic dreams that I ever have. 

In my dream this morning, the sky lit up like an explosion of fire and I saw a beautiful, bright city in the sky as the flames gradually disappeared. 

Jesus was coming back.

It was really happening in my mind. 

My heart skipped several beats, my eyes got wide, and I smiled widely as I watched the scene unfold, wondering if it was actually real.

In my dream, I grabbed Brooke's hand and said, "He's here!" 

Then I woke up.

With goose bumps on top of my goose bumps.

It was one of the few dreams that I have had that I wish had been real. To be very honest with you, if it had been real, I'd be ok with it. In the grand scheme of things, I'd rather be with the Lord than to be blogging right now...no offense. 

Please don't hear me wrong or misunderstand me.

I love my life here on earth and I'm enjoying every single minute of it...

... OK, not every single minute, but most of them.

God has blessed me with so much. I have a wonderful wife, two precious children, great friends, a loving church family, and physical & spiritual blessings beyond measure...

But I am always ready to go home.

I actually try to look up into the sky every single day, on the chance that I might just be watching when my Savior comes back. Wouldn't that be cool:)

I'll be honest; there are some days when I really struggle with my attachment to the things of this world. I feel tied to them in ways that I know I shouldn't be and I forget to look up. 

But even on those days, I'm still ready.

There are days when I'm not as close to my God as I'd like to be; days when I neglect my relationship with Him because I'm distracted.

But even on those days, I'm still ready.

The Bible tells us to be ready; it tells us to be watchful; it tells us to live the kind of lives that say "I'm ready". 

The Bible tells us that we can know that we have eternal life. We can be confident and assured of what will happen to us on that great day. 

We don't have to be afraid.

And we shouldn't be.

And I'm not.

As the old song says, "Jesus is coming soon, morning or night or noon..."

Are you ready for that day to come? 

If not, I can recommend a really good book that tells the story of a God who wants to help you with that.

In the meantime, I think I'll take a nap and see if I can continue that dream...






No comments:

Post a Comment