Monday, November 5, 2012

Let's All Vote

Well, tomorrow is the big election.

I plan to vote, and I also plan to wear that little "I Voted" sticker on my shirt; because I believe that it makes me better than all of the people who either didn't vote, or who refuse to wear stickers. 

To be honest, one of the only reasons that I go vote is because I like to get that sticker. If they stopped giving it, I might just stop voting. 

Stickers are important to me. 

I, for one, think that they ought to give out more stickers at these elections. I think that it would encourage more of us to vote if there more specific stickers to commemorate the occasion.

Here are some ideas for more stickers:

1. "That Ballot Was Very Confusing" (for honest voters)

2. "Voting is Awesome" (for enthusiastic voters)

3. "Vote or Die" (for angry voters)

4. "Don't Be a Goat...Vote" (for those voters who look down on goats)

5. "Bundle Up in Your Coat and Vote" (for cold-natured voters)

6. "Bundle Up Your Goat in a Coat & Go Vote" (for voters with cold-natured goats who wanted to share in the experience of voting with their owners)

7. "I Floated As I Voted" (for those who passed gas as they voted)

8. "I Didn't Vote" (for those voters who changed their mind at the last minute)

9. "I Voted Twice" (for voters who like to lie a lot to impress other people)

10. "We Voted" (for schizophrenic voters)

11. "MMMMMM, Voter Votin'" (for voters who can't get that Little Big Town song out of their heads)

12. "Did I Vote?" (for forgetful voters)

13. "I Got Donuts When I Voted, But They're All Gone" (for cruel voters)

14. "Gloatin' 'Bout My Votin'" (for voters who like to gloat, but don't like to use complete words when they do it)

15. "I Was Loaded When I Voted" (for those who have lots of money)

16. "I Was Loaded When I Voted" (for those who had too much to drink before they voted)

17. "I Was Loded Win I Vowtid" (for those who had way too much to drink before they voted)

18. "Detov I" (for dyslexic and/or vain voters who like to look at themselves in the mirror a lot and admire their own patriotism)

19. "I Voted for You" (for close friends of either Barack Obama or Mitt Romney who plan on spending the day with them tomorrow)

20. "I Plan to Vote Tomorrow" (for procrastinating voters)

In all seriousness, I would encourage all of us to participate in this important process tomorrow. It is a privilege and a responsibility, as Christians who live in a democratic society, to engage in the selection of our leaders.

We can play a vital part in the direction of our country, and we should vote in a way that reflects our morals, values, and commitment to the Lord. 

I am not a very political person, so I don't get involved in many political discussions, but I thought I would weigh in just to encourage you to vote.

Plus, you get a sticker.

It's a win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment